GCI Health is one of the most highly recognized global integrated healthcare communications agencies in the world, with recent industry honors including being named 2020 PRovoke Global Healthcare PR Agency of the Year, 2020 PRovoke Agency of the Decade, 2020 PRWeek Creative Agency of the Year, 2019 MM&M Midsize Agency of the Year and several Global Best Place to Work For awards. At GCI Health, we are Inspired by People. We share our clients’ desire to improve the health of all people around the world and work tirelessly to contribute to their ambitious goals. Our approach to communications is rooted in looking at all stakeholders – patients, caregivers, healthcare providers, policymakers, reporters and payers – as people with distinct perspectives that shape how they think about health. We create breakthrough, people-driven programs that drive tangible results for our clients and the people they serve. And we carefully curate a culture that is catalyzed by the belief that people should be as successful in their personal lives as they are in their professional ones.
The GCI Health internship program offers eligible college students the ability to work alongside seasoned professionals in the field, participating in integral pieces of our business. See details regarding eligibility below.
Why this is a great opportunity for you:
· This is a 10-week, paid, remote program that will provide you with invaluable experiences to start building your healthcare communications and creative skills from anywhere in the U.S.
· Access to senior leaders and hands-on managers will allow you to learn from and build relationships with the best in the business.
· Learning, development and educational opportunities throughout the internship will support the development of foundational communications and professional skills.
· This integrated program will fully immerse you in our team. From client work to agency culture, we are excited what your unique perspective, talents and attributes add to our inclusive culture.
We are looking for individuals that can add value to our culture, who want to push boundaries, are inspired by helping others and driven to deliver exceptional work. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Visit GCIHealth.com for more information about our agency and our people.
Application: Submissions should be emailed to GCIHealthInternProgram@gcihealth.com. Please be sure to include your personal information (including resume), role selection, availability, source and assignment as noted below.
DEADLINE: Monday, March 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET
· Must be a rising senior or graduate (graduating in the spring/fall of 2021 or the spring/fall 2022) currently enrolled in a two- or four-year college or university in the U.S. Both part-time and full-time students are eligible.
· Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, the willingness to collaborate and learn, a team-focused attitude and an interest in healthcare.
· Resume (Upload option)
Which role would you like to apply for? Choose all that apply.
· Public Relations Intern
· Inclusion, Equity & Diversity Team Intern
· Social/Digital Team Intern
If selected, are you available for the internship from June 7 through August 13, 2021*?
*Ideally, you are able to commit to being fully available during this time period.
Source (How did you hear about our internship program?):
· My College/University or Student Organization
· GCI Health Recruitment Panel
· The LaGrant Foundation
· ColorComm Job Board
· GCI Health Website
· Job Board (Indeed, Monster, LinkedIn etc.)
o Please specify who referred you:
o Please specify:
Recently, we have become even more aware of the critical role health plays in our personal lives and across our society. What is your personal definition of health and how does it influence your day-to-day life? Please develop a narrative up to 500-words AND supplement this narrative with one of the following forms of expression to share your story. Be creative and thoughtful in your response!
· :30-second to 1-minute video
· 2-4 slide PowerPoint deck
· Photo montage or mood board*
*If you choose to share your story via photo montage or mood board, please incorporate text to ensure your story is clear (e.g., captions, introduction, conclusion, overview of visuals, etc.).