Job Description Summary
The Information Technology Internship offers those with a passion for information technology the opportunity to grow their leadership skills, business acumen and technology aptitude, while building a career with unlimited potential. Program interns lead by doing gaining frontline experience by working on important and challenging projects alongside some of the brightest technical minds in the world.
Information technology (IT) is critical to the future of GE Appliances, a Haier Company (GEA). GEA IT represents a major area of focus and investment across the company and is essential to maintaining our leadership, competitiveness and success. For those with a passion for technology, no other company offers the diversity of experience and career potential that GE Appliances, A Haier Company does.
GEA’s Information Technology Internship is a key entry point for IT professionals at GEA and designed to attract high-potential candidates looking to further develop their technology ability and business acumen. The Information Technology Internship is the key pipeline for the full-time program.
Our Information Technology Development Program professionals gain hands-on experience in system implementation, technical design and architecture, and operational excellence as they transition from academia to the working world. Program members get access to choose rotations in a variety of disciplines (e.g. system implementations, technology design/architecture, and operational excellence), accelerating their future at GEA. And as part of GEA, they are supported by the scale and resources of one of the world’s greatest companies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
IT Intern assignments, generally 10 -12 weeks, vary widely in terms of the business functions/processes impacted and the type of work required. Possible assignments may include:
- Application development (Web, client server, standalone, mobile) utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Systems management and optimization
- Business process re-engineering
- Infrastructure management and environmental design/build out
- GE Appliances will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
- Positions located in Louisville, KY; a remote experience may be determined based on ongoing healthy & safety evaluations of the external environment
- Housing & Relocation benefits available for onsite positions.
Interns have significant exposure opportunity to key IT and business leaders at GEA as well as current full-time DLDPs. Interns also have extracurricular opportunities to engage in various activities both socially and from a professional development perspective.
- Pursing Bachelors or better in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Informatics, Data Analytics or related field
- Candidate must be enrolled and be in good academic standing in a minimum of a four-year technical degree in one of the above majors
- Cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0/4.0
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States both now and in the future
- Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in technology
- A strong commitment to a career in technology and passion/aptitude for IT
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- General business / finance understanding