As a Manufacturing Management Co-op, you will manage, coach and develop a specific manufacturing area within a plant, including team leaders and hourly production team members, on 1st shift, to ensure high performance and continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, delivery and cost.
If you are interested in leading people and improving processes in a fast-paced manufacturing facility, please apply today!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN & DO
- Responsible for operational performance and improvement of key metrics including safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale. Align area metrics with overall department/value stream goals; organize resources to deliver on these metrics.
- Ensure line is properly staffed and manage staffing throughout the day; monitor expected and unexpected absenteeism. Review daily plan with Team Leaders.
- Ensure production line boards are completed in a timely manner. Utilize production line boards to collect information on area performance, issue identification and problem resolution. Ensure information is passed on to the following shift and management.
- Maintain a good technical knowledge of operations; follow the escalation process to address and respond to abnormalities and recommend corrective action as required.
- Attend daily production meetings and cascade necessary information to Team Leaders. Head and maintain rigor around daily Team Leader meetings, escalation meetings, etc. Communicate key issues to leadership team at the daily production meeting.
- Coach and develop Team Leaders and team members to ensure standardized work is in place and is followed.
- Ensure adherence to Job Instruction method by reviewing and verifying Job Instruction forms, including cross training matrix, and Team Leader delivery of four step method to ensure ‘Critical Points’ and ‘Why’ are conveyed accurately and effectively.
- Ensure 5S standards are met for the area.
- Roles are available on 2nd (afternoon shift) and 3rd (night shift)
- Occasional overtime, on-call, and weekend work may be required
- Positions located in Louisville, KY; housing and relocation assistance available
- Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment.
- Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 25 pounds.
- Working in the manufacturing environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: mask or face shield, safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, work shoes/boots.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a bachelors degree or better in Engineering (or related degrees), Supply Chain or Operations Management (or related degrees), or Business Management (or related degrees)
- December 2021 or later graduation date
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Unrestricted legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now nor in the future, for this position.
- Leadership experience encouraging teamwork
- Sound verbal and written communication
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to problem-solve
- Solid technical aptitude
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Possess organizational skills with ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks
- High level of initiative, energy and motivation to develop & grow in a team environment
- Basic understanding of Lean, DMAIC, workout and other change mechanisms
- Experience working with people at all levels of the organization to achieve operational results
- Ensure positive union relations
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.