Job Description Summary
GE Appliances, a Haier company is looking for highly motivated engineering students to join our Supply Chain/Manufacturing co-op program. Jumpstart your future in a co-op program that will help you uncover your potential for leadership, develop your skills, and follow your interest in manufacturing and operations. Our co-ops gain real world manufacturing experience to help them compete for leadership programs or full-time direct hire positions after graduation. Supply Chain co-ops have the unique opportunity to participate on committees at Appliance Park that focus on recycling, volunteerism, & social events. Our co-ops will also have the opportunity to network with leaders in the business and attend various professional development sessions.
Co-ops will work in GE Appliances operations supporting dishwasher, laundry, refrigeration and cooking products as well as supporting the plastics center of excellence. Assignments are in a variety of disciplines such as shop operations, process engineering, advanced manufacturing engineering, global supply chain management, quality, sourcing, materials management, and environmental health and safety. GE Appliances co-ops work in a team environment to complete projects and/or duties designated by their assignment leader.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Set goals & objectives for your co-op rotation with your assignment leader
- Lead teams across multiple levels of the business through influencing
- Use initiative to find and develop process improvements
- Assist your team with development and execution of project ideas
- Develop and demonstrate analytical approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently
- Set regular feedback sessions with your assignment leader
- Travel required: 0% – 10% (depending on role)
- Hours & Weekends: Some overtime & Saturdays may be required depending on role
- Most roles on 1st (day shift), some roles on 2nd (afternoon shift) or 3rd (night shift). Start and end times vary depending on department you are assigned.
- Housing & Relocation assistance available
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a bachelors degree or better in Engineering (or related degrees), Supply Chain Management (or related degrees), or Business Management (or related degrees)
- December 2021 or later graduation date
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States now and in the future. GE Appliances will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position now or in the future.
- Previous Co-op/Intern work experience
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated leadership roles on campus or in the community.
- Demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving, initiative, strong communication skills, effective team skills and coursework or related experience in their major field of study.