As a Technical Co-op you will have the opportunity to Imagine, Design, Build, & Learn! This role offers hands-on experience while working on challenging projects that contribute to the company’s growth! You will also have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the business. Our program is designed as a mentoring opportunity where you are aligned with an individual assignment leader who will help set your specific goals, deliverables and expectations throughout your rotation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with your assignment leader to accomplish established objectives and goals that support the business and also offer learning opportunity
- Complete innovative, technical assignments in areas such as New Product Introduction, Product Improvement, Modeling and Simulation, Advanced Development, Sourced Products, Software Development or even GEA’s very own Micro-Factory, FirstBuild!
- Attend development and training sessions to enhance your technical knowledge and professional enhancement.
- Participate in networking and community volunteer projects
- Optional events will also be available both in and out of work. These include lunches, weekend activities, sports, and cookouts.
- Positions located in Louisville, KY; housing and relocation assistance available
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Software, Bio, or Chemical Engineering)
- Cumulative GPA >=3.0 (out of 4.0)
- May 2023 or later graduation date
- Legal authorization to work in the country/region where the business is hiring is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now, nor in the future, for this position.
- Ability to have two or more co-op rotations prior to graduation
- Related coursework
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Desire and ability to learn
- Passion for engineering
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.