Job Description Summary
Product quality review associated with the manufacturing process. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support manufacturing by investigating and closing actions on quality concerns.
- Communicate site quality goals, trends, and concerns to cross-functional teams.
- Maintain standards and best practices needed to support next generation manufacturing processes
- Facilitate two-way communication with employees to drive team growth and development
- Lead kaizens and action workouts to drive to various business KPIs
- Direct and coordinate the overall quality specifications and standards for materials, processes, and finished products to meet customer purchase order requirements
- Lead a culture that prioritizes Safety à Quality à Delivery
- Actively participate in reporting and correcting safety concerns
- Develop and implement quality metrics to drive manufacturing improvements and business results
- Develop and implement General Inspection Procedures (GIPs) and part specific inspection instructions
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all quality assurance functions
- Research and implement new Inspection techniques and technologies
- Perform site assessments and leadership in audits
- Identify, drive, mentor, and implement projects that improve overall production quality.
- Conduct training to quality processes as needed
- Develop and maintain calibration system; train calibrator/ calibration inspector.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 2 years of experience in an engineering or quality position)
- Minimum 3 additional years of experience in manufacturing or quality
- This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government export restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Persons (U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents and protected individuals (e.g., certain refugees and asylees)). GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Strong organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions Ability to drive change
- Data driven problem solving approach
- Knowledge of NADCAP and ISO 9001
- Experience in implementing or executing NDT processes, including X-Ray,
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct NDT processes while maintaining product and process flow
- Understanding of various measurement processes and control methodologies for Gas Turbine components
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams in a matrix environment with all levels of personnel
- Strong working knowledge of Manufacturing and Quality operations
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to coach, manage, change, and facilitate team performance
- Greenbelt or Blackbelt certification or extensive quality experience
- Develop and maintain CMM software; develop probes and tools for CMM use; train inspectors in the use and operation of CMM.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes