Gelest,Inc. is currently seeking qualified individuals to join our small and large-scale production operations. Responsibilities will include process development, scale-up and manufacturing of various organosilanes, silicones and metal-organic compounds on a scale from 1 liter to multi-tons. Qualified individuals must have a minimum of two years college chemistry. A bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or other related science is preferred. This position may be subject to 2nd or 3rd shift requirements.
Gelest offers a technically challenging and rewarding career with a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan with an employer match and a year-end bonus based on company and individual performance.
Gelest is located in Morrisville, PA and is in close proximity to Interstate 95, Route 1 and the PA/NJ turnpikes.
The individual must be self-motivated, willing to learn in a dynamic fast paced environment, have good communication skills and be able to work in a team environment. Ability to work shiftwork is required. Gelest will provide full hands on training by our technical staff in the areas of synthetic chemistry and silicone polymer chemistry. The individual will be trained to independently carry out chemical reactions, perform purification techniques and evaluate analytical results of synthesized products.
• Minimum 2 years college chemistry required, Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
• Shiftwork may be required.
• Lifting/Carrying – Frequent lifting of up to and over 50 lbs.
• Pushing/Pulling/Climbing – Must be able to push a drum truck, use equipment to tip over drums and climb stairs.
• Able to operate or learn to operate a forklift
• Walking/Continuous standing
• Be aware of fire, safety and chemical hazards. Wear personal protective equipment as needed.
• Pass respirator fit test as required by OSHA
• Must be able to hear and respond to all communications and alarms
• Must be able to read instructions, SDS and interpret packaging codes
• May be required to work rotating shifts and overtime
• Work and communicate well with other departments
• Responsible for operating various hand tools and pumps in a safe manner
• To function as a member of the safety committee or emergency response team if required
• Maintain positive and pleasant attitude with all coworkers.
• Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and good working conditions of all work areas
• Other duties as determined by management