Would you like to work for a Great Company with Excellent Benefits? Look no further! Gelest, part of the Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, is hiring a Process Chemist at our Chemical Manufacturing Plant in Morrisville, PA.
Gelest is a specialty chemical company that has been experiencing steady growth which results in a fast paced and challenging work environment. Gelest provides hands on equipment training by our technical staff as well as training in the areas of synthetic chemistry and silicone polymer chemistry. The Process Chemist must possess the knowledge and ability to perform all duties associated with the small and large scale production of specialty chemicals.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- Education – Minimum of two years college chemistry. Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or other related science is preferred.
- Chemical or manufacturing experience a plus, but we are willing to train the right candidate
What we offer:
- 9 paid holidays per year.
- Vacation and Sick Leave.
- 401k with 50% company match.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident and Critical Illness plans for employee and family.
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability.
- Annual Bonus.
- Company provided Uniforms, Work Boots and PPE.
This position requires the following physical and mental demands consisting of, but not limited to the following:
- Process development, scale-up and manufacturing of various organosilanes, silicones and metal-organic compounds on a scale from 1 liter to multi-tons.
- Independently carry out chemical reactions, perform purification techniques and evaluate analytical results of synthesized products.
- Follow the prescribed processes for the synthesis and purification of organosilanes and metal organic compounds in a safe manner.
- Record detailed descriptions, including comments, for potential improvements of the work done.
- Perform preliminary and in-process analytical and paper works on reactions.
- Operating various pieces of production and support equipment, handling drums of material, operating analytical equipment, forklifts and other equipment as needed.
- Ability to use feedback from processes to make necessary adjustment to maintain safe and efficient output.
- Work well in a team setting and be able to convey information about the status of reactions to others.
- Subject to a production plant environment including noise, vibration, hazards, hot and cold atmospheric conditions and wearing a respirator when required.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Shiftwork (2nd or 3rd shift) may be required.
- Demonstrates good and efficient laboratory skills along with strong interaction with supervisor or group leader and lab mates.
- Shows ability to use the chemical literature to generate ideas and better ways to make existing products.
- Lifting/Carrying – Frequent lifting of up to and over 50 lbs.
- Pushing/Pulling/Climbing – Must be able to push a drum truck, use equipment to tip over drums and climb stairs.
- Able to operate or learn to operate a forklift.
- Walking/Continuous standing.
- Be aware of fire, safety and chemical hazards. Wear personal protective equipment as needed.
- Pass respirator fit test as required by OSHA.
- Must be able to hear and respond to all communications and alarms.
- Must be able to read instructions, SDS and interpret packaging codes.
- May be required to work overtime.
- Work and communicate well with other departments.
- Responsible for operating various hand tools and pumps in a safe manner.
- To function as a member of the safety committee or emergency response team if required.
- Maintain positive and pleasant attitude with all coworkers.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and good working conditions of all work areas.
- Other duties as determined by management.