The biopharmaceutical industry is on the verge of a digitalization revolution, adopting data-driven R&D approaches in order to develop innovative therapies quicker. Genedata’s market-leading enterprise software is fueling this revolution, enabling both global biopharma giants and cutting-edge biotechs to leverage biopharma R&D data analytics so they can find breakthrough therapies faster and improve outcomes sooner for patients worldwide. Join this digital transformation and help scientists around the world accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D.
About the Role
We are looking for a Scientific Account Manager for our Biopharma group to support our products Genedata Biologics and Genedata Bioprocess, first-in-class workflow systems that have been designed to increase the efficiency and quality of the biopharmaceutical discovery and development processes. As a member of our professional services team, you will be working closely with customers on a wide variety of projects and tasks with an emphasis on enterprise software deployment and scientific consulting projects. This is an interdisciplinary, multi-faceted position that offers an exciting opportunity to consult in the biopharma industry. The position offers a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a quickly growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong international team.
This full-time position is located at our US East Coast office, outside of Boston in Lexington, MA and requires about 20% travel within North America and occasional travel to Europe.
Key activities include work on scientific and technical customer projects, including process analysis projects, scientific and technical requirements analysis projects, large enterprise system deployment projects, data migration projects, system integration projects and technology transfer projects, as well as user and technical training. Among other responsibilities, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide scientific and technical support for sales and business development
- Provide expert support and troubleshooting for customer workflow processes and how to optimally use Genedata software
- Conduct customer requirements and gap analyses
- Plan and deliver training at customer sites
- Coordinate with internal product & project managers, professional services, and product development teams
- Prepare and deliver scientific and technical presentations to customers and at conferences.
Skills & Experience
- Self-motivated, independent, curious, inquisitive, and able to present complex topics simply and rationally
- Strong initiative and dedication to quality of work
- Able to interact productively with scientists and IT experts, both with internal teams and customer-facing counterparts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluency in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and a talent at giving presentations
- Willingness to continuously learn and contribute towards improving our software, adapting to new technologies, systems, and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to master new technical skills and information quickly
- MSc or PhD degree in biology, biotechnology, bioprocess or chemical engineering, quantitative biology, bioinformatics, or a related field is preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in biopharma R&D, antibody discovery, protein engineering, protein expression and purification, cell line development, bioprocess development and CMC, biopharma production and bioanalytics, or lab automation is a significant plus
- Practical experience with scientific software, computer fluency, and familiarity with general IT concepts are advantageous
- Legally authorized to work in the US for any employer.
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.