We have an opening for a talented Research Associate to join our Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology Department within Genentech’s Research and Early Development (gRED) organization.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting biochemical and cellular characterization of protein therapeutics for immuno-oncology and immunology therapeutic areas. More specifically, the individual will develop, validate and execute biochemical and cell-based assays to characterize and screen biologic therapeutics in vitro and ex vivo, to support lead-finding/optimization efforts.
Responsibilities include developing and implementing cell-based or enzymatic assays and quantitating biomarkers. In addition, the candidate will function as part of a multi-disciplinary project team that will coordinate with Cancer Immunology, Antibody Engineering, Protein Chemistry, and Translational Oncology groups to advance lead molecules of the projects.
Who You Are
· B.S. or M.S. degree in Immunology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, or a related field with relevant immunology/immuno-oncology and/or cell biology experience in academia, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry
· Practical experience in the design, development, validation and execution of biochemical and cell-based assays to characterize protein therapeutics
· Experience with flow cytometry, cell-based functional assays, ELISA assays, and culture of mammalian cell lines
· Ability to work independently to design, execute, and interpret experiments, and also collaborate with project teams
· Record of publications that demonstrates expertise
· Excellent teamwork, communication, time management, and organizational skills
Additional desirable skills
· A strong foundation in immunology and hands-on expertise in immune cell assays to interrogate the function and activity of antibody and protein therapeutics for immuno-oncology
· Experience with primary immune cell isolation and culture
· Experience with microscopy and/or high content image analysis
· Experience with Luminex assays
· Familiarity with automated or semi-automated instrumentation
· Familiarity with the multi-disciplinary activities of antibody lead profiling