With a wide range of knowledge, designs, installs and maintains the network system and coordinates its use. Evaluates hardware and software and peripheral equipment for large, complex networks. Manages network performance. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network. Maintains, create/deletes user accounts, maintains and updates system security plans on all platforms. Implements and coordinates network policies, procedures and standards. Enforces security procedures. Schedules the Network Technician staff and trains users.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has full technical knowledge of all phases of network operations and analysis
- Good communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- May be required to provide clear written documentation on network procedures
- Provides effective mentoring to staff
- Must be able to analyze network performance, conduct statistical tests and create solutions to network problems, often highly complex in nature
- Creates new solutions to network problems
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand network measurement criteria and be exact in assessments
- Must closely follow network protocols and methodology
- Able to review the work of others and detect errors or needed modifications
- Able to identify and resolve problems or inadequacies of network analysis
- Manages expenditures effectively and maintains organized ordering processBachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
- CCNP Route/Switch or equivalent preferred
- CCNA or equivalent required
- ITIL v3 Certification Preferred
- DoDI 8570.01m Certification Required