About this Job
Are you someone who enjoys finding creative solutions to complex challenges? Do you love the idea of having a seat at the table in a state that is reimagining its future? Are you looking to stay in West Virginia, return home to it, or explore the Mountain State for the first time?
This position is part of Generation West Virginia’s Impact Fellowship. This program invites passionate leaders to work, live and give in West Virginia through yearlong, paid fellowships with some of the state’s most innovative employers. During the course of a year, Impact Fellows work 32 hours per week at one of our participating Host Employers for a minimum salary of $31,000 plus benefits, with competitive salary ranges varying based on experience and industry standards. Fellows spend each Friday volunteering with local nonprofits on projects that positively impact their communities.
We are now accepting applications for the 2021-2022 class of Impact Fellows. Apply by February 28, 2021 for this Impact Fellowship position with one of our participating Host Employers, TC Energy.
Project Engineer at TC Energy
TC Energy is looking for a Project Engineer to join our growing team in Charleston, WV supporting our U.S. Gas Operations business.
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states. Our 57,500-mile natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 percent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
This would be a great fit for you if:
- You have the knowledge and experience to support the execution of engineering and design activities pertaining to project delivery
- You are a great facilitator and possess strong strategic decision-making, analytical, and communication skills
- You thrive in a collaborative work environment, engaging others, participating in healthy debate, and respect different perspectives
- You are able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw well-supported conclusions
- You’re committed to continuous improvement
- You have a valid driver’s license and a proven safe driving record
- You have a four-year degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- You have up to 4 years of experience in the natural gas or energy industry, preferably in project engineering or construction management
As a Project Engineer you will:
- Conduct initial project feasibility studies, cost estimating, project risk analyses, and conceptual, preliminary, and detail design work
- Partner with Operations, Technical Services, and Project Managers to perform alternative analysis
- Develop draft project Design Basis Memorandum (DBM) and engineering scope of work
- Develop project cost estimates using established guidelines Facilitate project design reviews with project stakeholders
- Oversee third-party engineering to ensure work is executed and managed in accordance with approved plans, contracts, schedules, and budgets
- Collaborate with the internal drafting and design team to develop, review, and approve engineering deliverables
- Collaborate with Construction, Environmental, Land and Project Management to identify feasible project workspaces
- Assist with the review and evaluation of scope changes during detailed engineering and construction
- Resolve technical/engineering issues during detailed engineering, construction, and commissioning, including information requests and needs
- Technically support resolution of non-conformances generated during engineering, procurement of material, construction, and commissioning
- Review and approve hydrostatic testing documentation
- Track key engineering deliverables and adjust engineering plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers
- Lead the Project Engineering Closeout Documentation (DBM, as-builts, etc.) process
Our Charleston, WV, office is home to about 400 professional, technical, engineering, and project management employees who support our Columbia Gas Pipeline system in the Eastern U.S.
The compensation for this position is at minimum $56,000 annually, based on relevant experience. In addition, TC Energy provides a benefits program that ensures flexibility, choice, and value for employees including, medical and prescription coverage, dental, vision, optional life insurance, 401(k) matching, and more.
*This position requires candidates to successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing
Equal Opportunity Employer:
TC Energy is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.
How to Apply
The Impact Fellowship application includes multiple components. In order to complete the application, you’ll need to:
- Answer general questions about yourself, your education background, and work experience,
- Submit a resume,
- Complete a short written response to one of two provided prompts,
- and upload a one-minute video submission.
Visit https://weimpactwv.org/jobs/ to view all of the individual job descriptions or apply now at https://generationwv.submittable.com/submit/183822/impact-fellowship-2021-application.
Submissions must be received through Submittable to be considered.