Network Administrator in Hamilton, NJ
The Network Administrator position is responsible for the overall health, maintenance, security, reliability and expansion of network infrastructure and connectivity throughout the company.
Assist in network and security design implementation of all existing locations and future acquisitions.
- Monitor and maintain existing and future SD-WAN (AD-VPN) configurations across multiple locations.
- Implement and maintain all network firewalls, switches, routers, and Wi-Fi equipment with high reliability and availability.
- Recommend, schedule, and apply fixes, security patches, and any other measures required to maintain 24/7/365 uptime.
- Maintain/Support SSO and 2FA implementations.
- Maintain/Support storage area networks (SAN) at all locations.
- Create and support customer facing site-to-site VPN tunnels.
- Provide network support to ALL endpoints across the company.
- Maintain/Support all VMware physical and network infrastructure.
- Monitor LAN/WAN networks performance and stability using a variety of tools and alerting systems.
- Evaluate and recommend security, efficiency, and future growth improvements to the network infrastructure.
- Coordinate third-party maintenance for network hardware, and software services where applicable.
- · Create technical support documentation for systems and applications
§ Maintain SSL certificates across all internal and external interfaces.
§ Support Linux platforms with moderate to advanced knowledge.
§ Work closely with team members, system administrators, and helpdesk staff.
Fundamental knowledge of networking concepts
Proven experience in network engineering, network operations, and network performance analysis skills
Advanced technical knowledge of network infrastructure LAN/WAN in both physical and virtual environments
- Hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Knowledge of virtual computing infrastructures
- Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Ability to work in a small team and be responsible for handling network operations, computer systems, technology, quality and compliance, software services and network infrastructure.
- Must be a collaborative team member while having the ability to work independently and manage multiple concurrent tasks while maintaining appropriate attitude and composure. This position will report directly to the Network Manager
- Physical Demands: Physical, Mental and workplace Environment Conditions
n The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
n The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 5 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
n Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision & focus.
Working Conditions: Workplace Environment Conditions
§ Normal office environment
§ The noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate.
Education and Experience:
§ Candidate should have 5+ years’ experience or equivalent technical or college training. Technical School Diploma or College degree in Computer Science, A+, Network +, MCSE, CCNA or related area is desirable.
§ CompTIA Network + or higher, Cisco or Fortinet certifications are recommended
§ Knowledge and previous experience with Cisco and Fortinet networking
§ Background in medical, clinical or diagnostic environment is a plus