Genmab is focused on the creation and development of innovative and differentiated antibody products, with the aim of improving the lives of cancer patients.
Genmab is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join the Genomics team in Translational Sciences, located in Princeton, NJ. The Translational Sciences team works in concert to combine flow cytometry, immune function assays, RNA profiling, immunogenomics and spatial genomics to provide a deep phenotype of patients participating in Genmab trials. The applicant should have in-depth knowledge of oncology, immunology, and significant experience with next-generation sequencing on the Illumina platform.
You will support the genomic analysis of oncology clinical trial samples, mainly from formalin fixed, paraffin embedded tumor biopsies (FFPE), whole blood and peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC). We are seeking someone who has familiarity with handling human samples including extracting RNA/DNA, assessing quality of nucleic acids, preparing NGS sequencing libraries and sequencing with Illumina instruments. The focus of this position will be to increase the sample throughput of current methods (HTG EdgeSeq, TCRseq and RNAseq) for use in Phase II/III trials. Additionally, the role will be to evaluate and implement emerging technologies in genomics, particularly low-input RNAseq methods.
These skills will be applied to analyzing clinical trial samples from various cancer indications monthly and integrating the data with other biomarkers collected during the trial. Core responsibilities will also include performing assay validations, periodic quality assessments and carefully documenting assays using our in-house digital systems (LIMS/ELN).
Cross-team collaboration with the clinical trial operations team for sample management/reporting and the data science group will be needed ensure assays are accurate and delivered in time to inform trial decisions. The resulting integrated dataset will be used to provide insights into pharmacodynamic effects, mechanism of action and clinical biomarkers that predict response. These studies will help advance the development of Genmab therapeutics for cancers with poor outcomes.
- BS or MS in Biology
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Genomics, particularly in RNA extraction, library preparation and sequencing on Illumina platform (NextSeq, MiSeq, HiSeq or NovaSeq). Position title will be commensurate with experience.
- Experience with laboratory automation platforms: Hamilton Microlab Star/Nimbus, Beckman Coulter Biomek FX/i5/i7, Tecan Fluent/EVO, Agilent Bravo or similar instrument.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, bringing a proactive mentality and patient focus to the position.
- Experience working with human samples in a GCP regulated environment highly desirable (pharmaceutical/biotech experience a plus).
- Experience with nucleic acid technologies like Agilent BioAnalyzer, Nanodrop, Qubit, EnVision and QuantStudio Real-Time qPCR.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics desired: understanding how to QC NGS sequencing runs, identify batch effects and performing differential gene expression analysis. In house we use R, but experience with any programming language would be helpful.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate, both written and oral effectively and efficiently within Genmab and with external partners/collaborators
- Effectively organizing and presenting data (e.g. Tibco Spotfire, Tableau, R ggplot) for project working groups, posters and manuscripts.
- Experience managing CROs, instrument vendors and biorepository partners.