Our internship is an Academic based education Internship Experience and NOT a Paid position at this time.
The Georgia State Games is one of the largest Amateur Olympic-Style Sports Festivals in the country. We rely HEAVILY on top-quality interns to operate many of our sporting Projects and Programs.
- We are seeking top-level, organized, team-oriented, talented, aggressive, outgoing and innovative interns to assist in the preparation and implementation for this year’s events. This internship is NOT for the student looking to get by, be a social butterfly, or to party for the semester.
- All applicants must have strong writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Past experience writing press releases, contact media sources
- Experience with current social media forums
Potential Benefits of a Georgia Games Internship:
This is a tremendous experience! We have tons of interns from across the country last year. The interns get a GREAT, HANDS-ON experience. No fetching coffee. Real-life planning AND implementation of public relations activities and programs is what they will experience.
- Internship opportunities are offered in both paid and unpaid positions depending on intern’s experience & skills, time commitment availability, academic credit ability and semester sought.
- Earn academic credit
- Real-life on-the-job experience with BIG time responsibilities that other internships do not provide. See the description on the second page for details.
- Internships include semester-long positions
- Internship program has been offered since 1990
- Students have come from the following US States: AK, AL, AR, CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, ME, MI, MS, MN, NC, ND, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI and WV and from the countries of Canada, England, Germany and Hungary just to intern with the Georgia Games.
- Internships are first offered to students completing the internship for academic credit.
- Interns have turned down the United State Olympic Committee, Professional and College programs to intern with the Georgia Games.
* Priority will be given to those students completing the internship for academic credit and/or for a graduation requirement.
* Priority will be given to students currently enrolled in college.
Go to www.georgiagames.org under internships and complete an:
Students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this unpaid experience will earn credit.
Submit ASAP via email
The Public Relations Coordinators are responsible for assisting with the planning and implementation of the promotions, public relations, results, photography and social media programs for all aspects of the Georgia State Games and related programs.
- Oversee/Coordinate with graphic design and website to ensure compliance with all needed activities.
- Develop professional relationships with traditional and new media outlets;
- Write news stories for EACH future sporting championships;
- Provide accurate and timely information on all programs to the media and be available at all times for media inquires.
- Generate news coverage by distributing press releases, media kits, athlete biographies, and other newsworthy materials to the media.
- Develop and coordinate a media volunteer program, involving individuals that will generate stories, news coverage and competition results for the championships and districts.
- Work with sports chair to develop volunteer time schedules, accurate results reporting and athlete biographies.
- Oversee all outgoing publications and promotional materials.
- Design and produce Official Programs as needed;
- Co-Produce a newsletter that reaches volunteers, sponsors and sport organizations. List includes over 40,000+ circulation.
- Assist in securing and servicing media coverage, such as radio involvement, newspaper special segments, websites and television specials.
- Supervise and update the content, maintenance and development of the Georgia Games website.
- Update/Compile a yearly record of game activities.
- Develop athlete reports and analysis.
- Plan/coordinate all photography activities;
- Compile and document all event results and post to all media outlets including Internet and database.
- Supervise all on-site activities as determined by Executive Director.
- Continue, maintain and update previous social media programs and activities.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
Are mainly up to the student and their school. It is usually a semester-based term but can be flexible.
The position will start out with a virtual orientation and training sessions.
From here various projects and assignments are assigned and requested by the student.
We have mandatory weekly Zoom meetings in conjunction with individual mentoring sessions via Zoom. Daily email contact and instructions occur as well.
Is mainly based on following directions. This is an academic learning experience transitioning the students into the work world. So it will incorporate a mixture of nurturing and strict business-like expectations. The end goal is for the students to learn and prepare themselves for the next step in their journey.