USA Boccia is the nonprofit high-performance maintenance organization for boccia in the USA. At USA Boccia our mission is to provide persons with physical disabilities the opportunity to learn, play, and compete in the sport of boccia on the local, regional, national, and international levels.
Boccia (BOCH-ə) is a precision ball sport, similar to bocce – a sport common in Europe today. Boccia is a sport for wheelchair athletes. The rules governing boccia include a sophisticated classification system that matches athletes based on their level of disability. Boccia is contested at local, national and international levels
In 1984 Boccia became a Paralympic sport, and by 2008 was being practiced in over fifty countries worldwide. Boccia is governed by the Boccia International Sports Federation, (BISFed) and is one of only three Paralympic sports that have no counterpart in the Olympic program.
Role and Responsibilities
You will work as a member of a project team to complete a series of projects (the following are representative not exhaustive).
· Research and identify best practices for web-site design and operation for membership sport organizations
· Research and identify best practices for fundraising strategies of non-profits.
· Create a social media campaign and practices manual.
· Research and identify best practices for sponsorship strategies of non-profits.
· Research and identify best practices for Boccia event organization (including local, regional, and national championships) and create an operations manual for event organizers.
· Develop a feedback and evaluation process for member satisfaction.
· Develop benefits and services package for members.