Georgia State University Athletics Department is currently accepting applications for Academic Learning Assistants!
Academic Learning Assistants will be integral members of the Panther Academic Support and Student-Athlete Development Staff and will be responsible for providing comprehensive educational support to a designated caseload of student-athletes through learning strategy enhancement and academic skill development. This program provides a hands-on learning experience in student-athlete academic services and prepares individuals for full-time positions in the industry in the future.
Primary Job Duties:
- Implement individual learning plans for an assigned caseload of student-athletes to enhance the development of independent learners.
- Monitor academic coursework of assigned student-athletes on a day-to-day basis in collaboration with the Learning Specialist and Senior Associate Athletic Director of Student-Athlete Development.
- Provide instructional academic support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience working with at-risk student-athlete populations within an academic setting.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Available and willing to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends (at least 10-20 hours per week).
- Desire to obtain full-time employment in the student-athlete academic support industry.
- Ability to articulate an understanding of the needs of academically at-risk student-athletes.
Duration: Performance will be evaluated on a semester-by-semester basis.
· GSU tuition waiver for graduate degree-seeking full-time enrolled students; $500 monthly stipend, or;
· $2000 stipend per academic semester, or;
· $11-$15 wage per hour.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, transcript, and contact information for two professional references along with their letters of recommendation.
If you have questions, please feel free to email Valana Wiltz, Learning Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.