The Getinge Co-op Experience Program is a paid, competitive, program that gives college students interested in the Medical Technology industry the opportunity to work in a challenging and dynamic culture. Working closely with mentors, Coops and Interns have an inside look at what goes on behind the scenes at a major Medical Device company.
Students will benefit from on the job training and mentoring in their field of study/chosen department. They will participate in professional development events and workshops during their time here. Getinge’s Coops and Interns will have the opportunity to build professional relationships and enhance their interpersonal skills. Students should expect to contribute individually and as a team member to support a designated functional area (i.e., Operations, Research & Development, Quality, Engineering, Regulatory, and HR/Training), and work towards goals and objectives assigned by an experienced manager.
The Sales Compensation Co-op will work on projects and assignments that will help streamline key Sales Compensations processes, and will assist the team in ensuring legal documentation and compensation plan overview is current and has ready guidelines and procedures in place. The Co-op will gain experience in understanding Sales Compensation and the tools and processes required to use a complex Sales Compensation structure. This Co-op experience will allow opportunities to work with cross-functional teams and outside vendors, providing experience in presenting and communication skills.
- Understand and audit the current 58 Comp Plan templates. This project requires complete ownership of proposing improved formatting, reviewing content language, electronic distribution to sales team and sales leadership for approval and signatures, document maintenance in database and creation of catalog for easy access. Present final project to Senior Leadership.
- Run reports out of Success Factors to ensure changes to employee status (i.e. new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, and leaves) are accurately reflected in the Sales Compensation system. Produce a SOP to help the team in using stream-lined reporting in the future.
- Prepare a process outline for review on how to audit, create validation techniques, and summaries and a create work instruction for the team on how to develop weekly updated Sales Rep Reports to the 3rd party vendor. Handle all tasks involved.
- Assist the Senior Compensation Analyst in auditing Commission Pay statements to identify outlier and verify payments such as True-Ups, adjustments, pro-rations, etc. Develop an SOP on a streamlined process for the team’s use.
- Assist in auditing the commission database and tracking movements (Transfers/Promos). Summarize and present findings to the team. Partner with vendor and team to test the new process and platform.
- Will learn various aspects of the sales compensation team and will partner in ongoing projects as required.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Upper-class undergraduate or graduate students majoring in Finance, Business or related field preferred.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred
- Candidates with experience/skills in Sales Compensation, Finance or related analytical field or courses.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a college program at the time of the interviews, and provide appropriate documentation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Summer: Students must be available to participate in the networking & team building events at the beginning of the program, and presentations at the end of the program.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and documentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency: Microsoft Excel, basic proficiency in Microsoft Access, and intermediate proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.