The Getinge Internship Experience Program is a paid, competitive, 12+ week (full-time) program that gives college students interested in the Medical Technology industry the opportunity to work in a challenging and dynamic culture. Working closely with mentors, Coops and Interns have an inside look at what goes on behind the scenes at a major Medical Device company.
Students will benefit from on the job training and mentoring in their field of study/chosen department. They will participate in professional development events and workshops during their time here. Getinge’s Coops and Interns will have the opportunity to build professional relationships and enhance their interpersonal skills. Students should expect to contribute individually and as a team member to support a designated functional area (i.e., Operations, Research & Development, Quality, Engineering, Regulatory, and HR/Training), and work towards goals and objectives assigned by an experienced manager.
- Provide technical support to the Production Engineering staff for development of new processes and products.
- Complete routine assignments where some judgment is required for a successful outcome.
- Complete documentation updates in Trackwise (engineering specifications, change notices, manufacturing standard operating procedures, tooling/fixture drawings, equipment maintenance specifications and registrations and other documentation).
- Run standard and newly developed test protocols, compile and complete analysis of test data and materials testing.
- Assist in performing/executing various protocols for process validations including but not limited to pull testing, measuring and use of gages, visual evaluations.
- Assist in performing packaging material artwork verification (Instruction for Use, Labels, Pouches, Carton tops and bottoms).
- Write test procedures and validations protocols.
- Use of Statistical Analysis (Minitab software) in summarizing validation protocols.
- Document experimental records in lab notebook.
- Comply with Quality System Procedures, Good Lab Practices, and Exposure Control Plan.
- Troubleshoot fixtures and electronic equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have good manual dexterity to work with small parts.
- Detail oriented with good mechanical aptitude.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of using various measurement devices such as micrometer, caliper, and thickness gage, optical measuring systems, Instron tester.
- Work in a lab environment where extensive time sitting may be required.
- Computer skills including, but not limited to: Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, CAD (Solid Works preferable).
- Knowledge of Statistical analysis.
- Work under the supervision of Production Engineering Supervisor or Production Engineers.
- Upper-class undergraduate or graduate students majoring in these fields of Engineering : Bio Engineering, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Production or relevant fields
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a college program at the time of the interviews, and provide appropriate documentation.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Getinge is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.