Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
We are currently looking for a Financial Coordinator to join our Finance and Accounting team. This position can be based out of any of our Northern California offices.
Financial Coordinators at GHD are responsible for the accuracy and integrity of project financial data in the Management Information System and maintaining timely production of external client invoicing. This position will allow you to use your skills to analyze projects and their financial performance and provide support to Project Managers, Finance Manager and others to promote the financial success.
Specific responsibilities of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Provide financial support to project team including financial reporting, new project and phase set-up, assisting with project close-out
- Ensure timely billing submission to clients, lump sum and/or T&M, including all applicable contract documents including but not limited to sales tax
- Assist with collections of invoices
- Assisting with submittals and collections of invoices to clients
- Data entry and document compilation/upload into an internal database and subsequent filing in a client web-based file storage area
- Follow-up with project staff to ensure information is returned in a timely manner
- Maintaining high awareness of all deadlines and schedules, to ensure early or on time completion with little direction.
- Maintaining all electronic and paper filing systems as per our Quality System Standards
- Work cohesively as a team within the office; providing proof-reading, quality control and assisting team members as needed
- Follow-up with Project staff to ensure information is returned in a timely manner
- Providing support to Project Managers, Analysts and Finance Manager
- Ability to communicate across multiple functions effectively
The successful candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Experience with BST (a business management software) is highly desired but not required
- Proficiency in the full MS Office Suite – MS Excel especially
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Must be comfortable with working overtime (nights and weekends) during busy periods
- High School Diploma/GED ; Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance a plus
- 5+ years of accounting experience (experience in a professional services firm is preferred)
- At least 2 years of experience with invoicing, cost estimating spreadsheets and timesheets is required
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.