Gift of Life Donor Program, the country’s leading organ procurement organization, is in search of a Community Relations Fellow who will be responsible for supporting our mission of saving lives through organ and tissue donation and transplantation.
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly experienced community relations professional to assist with innovative educational programs, special projects, events, and campaigns to increase public understanding of organ and tissue donation and transplantation, and of the critical need to increase donor designations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
Supports community education programs to promote organ and tissue donation
- Support outreach to increase awareness of and commitment to organ and tissue donation, particularly in multicultural communities
- Assist in organizing community education programming and grants to promote donation awareness and donor registration, including community, health, and faith organizations
- Collaborate with staff in outreach to volunteers, media, and external partners
- Support commemorations, including National Donate Life Month, National Minority Donor Awareness Month, and National Donor Sabbath
Supports large Gift of Life events
- Serve as staff support for ongoing events to raise awareness about organ and tissue donation, such as Donor Dash, Team Philadelphia at the U.S. Transplant Games, and Life and Legacy Celebration
- Focus on growing participation for events, maximizing overall impact
- Work with communications team on marketing, promotion, and media for events
Coordinates recipient and transplant center outreach
- Coordinate the distribution of materials to transplant centers and transplant clinics throughout region, including tracking and measuring effectiveness
- Builds and sustains relationships with local transplant centers to help promote events and outreach programs
Supports research and data import for events and programs.
- Maintain and update records as necessary, including financial, mailing lists, contacts, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in education, communication, marketing, public health or related field and a minimum of one to two years of experience working or interning in non-profit community relations, event planning or public relations or a responsible administrative capacity are required.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- professional writing and interpersonal communications skills
- a self-starter with a passion for community service and public health
- experience working with multicultural communities and a demonstrated ability to work with diverse group of staff, volunteers and other constituents
- public speaking and community outreach experience
- experience working in a professional office environment
- the ability to lift up to 30 pounds, and set up displays/tables
- ability to work nights and weekends as necessary
- valid driver’s license and the ability to travel throughout the Gift of Life service area
- Microsoft Office competencies including PowerPoint and Excel
- Preference for candidates with the following:
- experience working with faith-based, multicultural and/or community organizations, particularly those located in Philadelphia
- Spanish language abilities
We offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package, including medical, prescription drug and dental/vision insurance, as well as being eligible to participate in the 403(b) plan and are eligible to apply for tuition reimbursement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and support diversity in our workplace.