Gift of Life Family House (GLFH), the non-profit subsidiary of the Gift of Life Donor Program, has a full-time (working 35-40hours/ weekly), temporary up to one year fellowship opportunity.
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly experienced hospitality professional who seeks a hands-on service experience providing hotel & hospitality services to transplant recipients, families and guests.
The Guest Services Fellow is responsible for ensuring the continuity of guest services provided by front desk staff (volunteers and interns). The fellow oversees the daily front desk operations and ensures that the highest standard of service and the best possible guest experience is achieved and maintained within the Family House. The fellow is responsible for establishing and maintaining professional relationships with house guests, visitors and external customers.
The Fellow performs the duties of the Guest Services Front Desk Liaison:
- Ensures that Family House policies and procedures are complied with the highest standard of service and guest satisfaction.
- Supervises and trains all guest service intern staff to ensure quality guest service.
- Handle guest complaints and check guest suggestion box. Ensure all feedback is logged in the We Care log.
- Coordinates work of housekeeping and security assigned by House Manager by providing oversight to and assessing/reporting the outcomes of work performed
- Assists operations management with financial billing for third party payees.
- Coordinates guest transportation and daily schedule.
- Assists with interior decor modifications and center/bulletin boards
- Performs the duties of Manager on Duty as assigned
The Fellow performs the duties of the Weekend Relief Manger:
- Administers guest admissions based upon policy and guidelines; assist in assuring accuracy of registration procedure and gathering information for room statistics.
- Supports room scheduling, guest requests, check-in and check-out, and work with Social Worker (when available) to prioritize families for eligibility to stay.
- Addresses families’ needs that arise during shift (i.e., arrange transportation, provide room rate reductions, etc.) and when Social Worker is not present.
- Provides emotional support to families.
- Communicates pertinent information regarding families to and collaborate with Family House, Gift of Life staff/volunteers.
- Supports data collection initiatives as requested by Director, including those relating to surveys and utilization
House Volunteer Relations:
- Oversee the Volunteers to assure that in-house volunteers are effectively and
- Provides a positive and supportive environment to volunteers
- Assigns daily volunteer tasks related to FH operations; coordinates substitutions.
- Performs on-site property inspections to ensure that Family House is clean, neat and in good repair. Includes monitoring and reporting on physical condition of FH and grounds to FH Director and/or GLDP Building Manager.
- Responds to property problems, report item to GLDP House Manager- Evening, interact with appropriate GLDP staff and/or outside contractors
- Provides input/direction to contracted cleaning and maintenance service to ensure that designated cleaning responsibilities are met.
- Coordinates with vendor services for laundry, transportation/van service, etc.
- Monitors and reports on inventory of FH supplies; notifies House Manager- Day.
- Provides training and appropriate education to staff, residents, and volunteers in use of and response to Family House safety systems and alarm.
- Supports Guest Chef Program
- Updates Wish List as needed.
- Oversees receiving and tracking of In-kind contributions
- Bachelor’s Degree and six months related work experience or Associate degree and one year experience in hotel, hospitality, customer relations or service management related fields is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with volunteers/contributors, establish priorities and effectively multi task required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office required.
- Bilingual language skills are a plus.
- Successful candidates must be resourceful, take ownership of problems and issues that arise and have excellent problem-solving skills
Work hours include: 7:00am – 3:00pm and 2:00pm – 10:00pm, seven days a week. Must be able to cover Weekend/Relief Manager working 24 hours between the hours of Friday 4:00 pm through Sunday 4:00 p.m., sleep on-site during overnight hours. Must be able to cover House Managers working days, evenings and overnights on week days, weekends and holidays.
Free parking is available at both locations and both offices are located within an easy walk to public transportation.
We offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package, including medical, prescription drug and dental insurances, and a 403(b) savings plan
We are equal opportunity employer and support diversity in our workplace.