The Part-Time Retail Sales Associate is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the retail shop including inventory management, display management, and maintaining a welcoming and clean appearance within the shop.
- Efficient and effective operation of the Council Retail Shop.
- Create and maintain engaging and professional displays.
- Maintain the Retail Shop in an attractive, organized, and functional manner.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere for all customers: in store, via email, and via phone.
- Provide courteous, consistent, professional, and knowledgeable customer service to customers, volunteers, parents, girls, community members, and staff.
- Maintain weekly/monthly cycle counts year-round and practice strong inventory control methods.
- Lead annual physical inventory of base location’s shop and stockroom.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- 1+ years of experience in a retail or customer service environment preferred.
- Technical computer skills in Google Suite for documents, spreadsheets, and presentations; customer management systems, and social networking.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies with ability to understand basic data quality principles and practices.
- Ability to read materials and respond in writing or verbally.
- Actively participate in meetings in person or over the phone.
- Ability to operate a cash register, computer keyboard, calculator, copier machine, and other office equipment.
- Work will be predominantly standing or moving around to work with customers.
- Will be required to unpack boxes/supplies and stock shelves.
*GSCSNJ is an EEO employer