To provide leadership and supervision in specific program areas such as 1) camp operations and logistics 2) Leadership for the CIT’s, WIT’s and FLIT’s 3) aquatics management including the pool and lake, and 4) high risk area management such as the the barn and archery
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in supervisor training prior to camp.
- Help plan, implement and conduct staff training and orientation with Leadership Team.
- Supervise, guide and evaluate counselors as it pertains to your leadership area
- Coordinate activity development and activity plans of assigned program area (high risk, arts, leadership, aquatics etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring the highest standards of safety and quality programming in your assigned area
- Serve as a role model and guide campers in appropriate behaviors, language, attitudes, and activities.
- Maintain child’s self-esteem and inspire self-discovery
- Professional and positive redirection of campers during activity participation
- Facilitate and model communication, conflict resolution and problem solving within the campers and staff
- Help girls and staff develop individual responsibility.
- Keep their supervisor informed of plans, problems and concerns pertinent to girls, staff and program areas.
- Live in cabins with participants (other leadership staff) and help foster a sense of community and safety in the cabin for 8-10 weeks
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to evaluate performance and give feedback
- Experience working with children
- Maturity in problem solving and decision making
- Good health and stamina necessary to live in the camp setting for 8-10 weeks
- Ability to stand for a long period of time and traverse uneven terrain 2-5 miles per day
- Ability to life 25 pounds
- Ability to make decisions and act wisely in an emergency
- Sense of adventure and enthusiasm to motivate and coach campers and staff
- Preferred minimum age 21 with at least 2 years of camp counseling experience
- Current certification in First Aid and community CPR and at least 2 others such as challenge course, archery, small craft safety, lifeguarding
- Provide proof of USA citizenship or appropriate Alien documentation
- Must be able to complete & clear a Criminal, and Sex Offender background check