- To guide campers in personal growth and daily living skills. Also must coach, teach, model and correct campers throughout the time at the camp consistent with the Mission Statement and Core Values of Glacier Camp.
- The Counselor reports to Program Director via the Lead Counselor or equivalent. The Counselor shall perform his/her work within the policies, procedures, goals, objectives by-laws, and manual of operations adopted by Glacier Camp.
- Attend Pre-camp Staff Training or its equivalent.
- Supervise/organize camp activities: This may well include, but is not limited to: campfire activities, chapel/vesper services, outdoor meal preparation, singing, campouts, canoeing, swimming, arts and crafts, hiking, nature study, challenge course, Bible study, general discussions, etc.
- Monitor campers throughout their activities:
- Guide campers in right direction in whatever task they are doing to Ensure that all programs activities they lead are at highest levels of quality and hospitality.
- Understand development needs of specific age group
- Provide all job duties within Glacier Camp policy.
- Fulfill all aspect to the counselor’s job description.
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or a high school graduate with diploma or GED
- Preferred: One year of college or other training after high school.
- A personal commitment to Christ.
- Possess management and leadership qualities
- Must work well with others, of all ages
- Desire to obtain small group camping leadership and recreation leadership skills.
- Maturity in judgment, ability to teach and supervise and maintain discipline.
- Ability to Love for kids and the desire and ability to work with them.
- Must be able to obtain or become certified in first aid and CPR
$200/week plus room and board for the duration of the season.