GSK is seeking a detail-oriented undergraduate student for a six-month intern position in the CMO (Contract Manufacturing) CH Technical Packaging department at their facility in Warren NJ.
Selected candidate will assist the Package Engineering staff in the design, development, testing, and documentation of new and modified pharmaceutical packages. Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with cost and solution analysis for new pack development for new product introductions
- Assisting with working with commercial with new designs and structural development
- Cost savings initiatives
- Organizing and evaluating line trials
- Performing lab testing, as required, in on-site package engineering lab
- Writing packaging component specifications and bills of materials
- Visiting component suppliers
- Interaction with various departments within the company to facilitate the design, evaluation, and implementation of package systems. Typical packaging systems at GSK include bottles, blisters, inhalation aerosols, dry powder inhalation, custom delivery devices, cartons and corrugated cases.
- Pursuing a BA in Packaging Engineering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Working knowledge of computers in a windows environment (Word, Excel, etc.) required.
- Students must have completed required courses prior to the start of the internship.
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 4-12 month co-op.
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Must provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.