Description of Department:
The healthcare industry is undergoing a major transformation. Technology is revolutionizing how we approach the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. To lead the transformation in the Pharmaceutical industry, GSK Tech is building new tools and platforms with the goal of completely changing the way we deliver solutions to our patients, our production teams, and our Health Care Providers. The tech teams that work behind the scenes have initiated new ways of working, technical excellence and innovation into the heart of GSK operations. There is no secret to building a team capable of transforming the industry – it starts with the best technical talent. We welcome only the best graduate technologists interested in leading and shaping our organizational transformation.
Within the Tech Security and Risk (TSR) team, our work spans from risk assessments to active defense from attackers, and everything in between. In the past, our interns have worked on tasks as diverse as creating an automation to ensure devices are returned to GSK when an employee leaves to building a block page that end users will see when visiting a malicious website. All of our Tech is geared around a basic premise, which seeks to help make work faster, smoother, more uniform, and save the company money.
Cyber Security is one of the five key target capabilities of our Global Tech Organization within GSK. The others include: Data Engineering / Analytics, Product Management, Centering Cloud-Based Solutions, and Software Engineering. All five of these capabilities are essential to deliver solutions to our internal business partners.
This summer, we need someone to join our TSR team to identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks and recommend remedial actions consistent with regulatory and legal requirements as well as industry best practice.
Although GSK Tech is organized into several teams, we exist as a unified Global Tech unit, with much overlap between those teams. As part of the summer internship programming, we will introduce you to a variety of projects being carried out across our various Tech teams, as well as help you understand the broader work GSK does and how your projects are impact the broader mission of the company. We want to bring in talent that will be able to deliver solutions aligned to the GSK motto of helping people “do more, feel better, and live longer.”
- Working toward a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, IT, or Cyber Security.
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 12-week internship cycle (May-July/August).
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- An active GitHub site with current and past projects.
- Experience in any scripting or development language
- Understanding of endpoint protection
- Successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.