Description of Department:
R&D EHS&S is responsible for implementing programs and providing training and business support to ensure the health and safety of our GSK staff and complimentary employees. EHS&S R&D is seeking a bright and energetic study to gain valuable experience over a 12-week assignment in our Upper Merion/Upper Providence campuses.
Under direct supervision, the EHS intern will perform a wide range of environment, health, and safety disciplines to implement workplace safety and industrial hygiene processes compliant with GSK EHS Global Standards as well as regulatory requirements with a focus on continuous improvement initiatives.
The following job duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in developing and leading EHS training presentations
- Gathering EHS metrics and present trending to Site Safety Committees
- Performing respirator fit testing
- Performing workplace ergonomic assessments
- Gathering environmental data for environmental reporting needs
- Becoming familiar with EHS systems for reporting and metrics trending
- Partnering with R&D Safety Reps to complete safety inspections and management monitoring
- Accompanying EHS members during risk assessment and process safety assessments, as needed
- Supporting EHS members with program initiatives for improvements to current EHS programs
- Pursuing a degree in environmental, health and safety, or related scientific or engineering fields.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to stay on task.
- Complete assignments in timely manner based on priorities.
- Ability to prepare and handle confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other on projects (within EHS as well as other departments and leadership).
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 4-12 month co-op.
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Basic understanding of Excel and proficiency in Word and Powerpoint applications.
- Basic understanding of data analysis, methods, and graphing.
- Successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.