Description of Department:
Consumer Sciences and Product Understanding (CSPU) drives consumer-obsession within R&D to shape and influence the innovation strategy and drive the innovation pipeline delivering a superior user experience with a holistic sensory product design that meet the needs of our consumers so that they come back to our brands again and again.
This position offers the unique opportunity to work on brands such as Robitussin, Tums, Centrum, Emergen-C, and Advil, designing consumer centric products to meet our customer’s needs and wants. The position will support flavor research and consumer science basic needs. Some areas of support may include:
- Be involved in the design and execution of internal employee studies, focus groups, and trained panels.
- Draft informed consent forms, test plans, discussion guides, screeners, and questionnaires.
- Consolidate flavor trends – globally and regionally, general and category specific. Organize and present result.
- Manage database platforms for consumer product trends.
- Review and summarize scientific manuscripts.
- Support Sensory panel lead.
- Organize and maintain the Consumer Science Lab (CSL), and ensure it is compliant with GSK policies.
Overall, this co-op will help to educate the student about connecting with the consumer to deliver on business objectives. Current undergraduate and graduate students looking to pursue a career in sensory science and products research are encouraged to apply. Co-Op would last 6 months. Experience with Compusense software is preferred.
- Pursuing a degree in science or engineering
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 6 month co-op.
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Basic understanding of scientific literature review
- Basic understanding of sensory sciences or consumer sciences
- Must successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Must provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.