The Graphic Design Internship provides an opportunity to practice and increase graphic design skills and to gain experience using those skills to communicate the mission of a nonprofit, while playing a key role on GLAD’s public affairs and education team. The graphic design intern will support and provide creative input into the visual communication of GLAD’s mission to end discrimination based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation and HIV status.
Typical projects may include but are not limited to:
‣ Creating graphics for the www.glad.org website
‣ Creating infographics and other graphics to communicate GLAD’s messaging on the GLAD blog and other social media channels
‣ Creating flyers, fact sheets, posters and postcards for PowerPoint presentations, to promote GLAD events and to share legal rights in formation
‣ Design and layout for in-house print and web publications
‣ An interest in LGBTQ rights and/or work in the nonprofit sector
‣ A passion for visual communication
‣ A desire to increase design skills, use visuals to communicate a nonprofit mission
‣ Proficiency in Photoshop, Canva or comparable graphics software
‣ Experience with InDesign or other desktop publishing software
‣ Experience with additional graphics (i.e. Illustrator) or multimedia software (i.e. video editing) a plus
‣ Photography skills a plus
This is a stipend internship and applications should include a cover letter, resume, and work samples.
Submissions should be made electronically to: Mx. Caitlin Walsh at email@example.com with “[Season] [Year] Internship” in the subject line. (e.g. “Spring 2021 Internship”)
GLAD is dedicated to building a diverse staff, and one that is committed to equity and opportunity for all. GLAD strongly encourages applications from transgender people, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and people living with HIV/AIDS.