The Public Affairs & Education Department is looking for an intern to assist the department in its efforts to communicate GLAD’s ground-breaking legal victories to the public and make certain that LGBTQ and HIV-positive people are aware of and can exercise their legal rights.
Typical projects may include but are not limited to:
‣ Representing GLAD at outreach events (including Pride celebrations, tabling forums, discussion panels, etc.)
‣ Assisting with logistics of up-coming events and workshops
‣ Drafting blog posts and assisting with social media projects as well as administrative tasks
‣ Working one day per week on GLAD Answers (additional training required)
‣ Some data entry and administrative tasks
‣ Maintaining and updating GLAD Answers and other Know Your Rights materials (will be guided)
‣ Should have a strong desire to make contributions to the LGBTQ and HIV-positive communities and preferably have some experience in an office setting.
‣ The ability to complete self-directed projects is necessary.
‣ Strong organizational, research, and communications skills are required
‣ Attention to detail, analytical skills, and ability to work with a team are critical
‣ Excellent time management skills
‣ Public speaking or outreach experience and interest
‣ Additionally, candidates with knowledge and expertise in social media are encouraged to apply
This is a stipend internship and applications should include a cover letter, resume, and work samples.
Submissions should be made electronically to: Mx. Caitlin Walsh at email@example.com with “[Season] [Year] Internship” in the subject line. (e.g. “Spring 2021 Internship”)
GLAD is dedicated to building a diverse staff, and one that is committed to equity and opportunity for all. GLAD strongly encourages applications from transgender people, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and people living with HIV/AIDS.