- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Job Title: Swim Instructor
Reports to: Deck Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Instructs students on water safety and proper swim techniques based on thorough knowledge of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Enforces safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
- Evaluates students’ progress, and completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Interacts with parents/guardians on the activities and development of students’ swim skills.
- Acts as a GSS “ambassador” to ensure parental satisfaction.
- Uses problem solving and creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges that students encounter.
- Inspects pool areas before and after each class for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues. Reports issues to management as appropriate.
- Maintains and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Places and removes lane lines.
- Reports accidents and incidents to management. Completes required documentation and paperwork.
- Performs Deck Teacher duties as needed.
- Performs light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck mopping, trash removal etc. on occasion.
- Attend required/mandatory workshops and in-service training outside of regular working hours.
- Fulfills other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED is preferred. Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor and/or childcare provider required. Two or more years as a swimming instructor required. Swimming experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: Lifeguard, CPR/AED and First Aid certification required. Shallow water attendant highly recommended.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.