General Purpose: In a few brief sentences summarize the primary duties and responsibilities.
Develop job opportunities for Rehab consumers who are sponsored by funding sources including but not limited to DVR & CBVI. Schedule interviews and follow up with employers to make placements. Build and maintain employer relationships and contacts by visiting employers in the community. Maintain documentation of placement services rendered and employment verifications. Complete internal statistical reports and progress reports for funding sources. Ensure employer satisfaction with program/placement services and candidates. Plan and implement job fairs. Liaison with local business communities. Become familiar with labor laws, demand occupations and ADA.
Essential Functions: Describe the duties that define the core responsibilities of the job.
In first 90 days on the job:
• Contact employers and determine job openings for consumers based on the employment goals
provided by DVRS.
• Ensure that 4 consumers are placed into competitive integrated employment.
• Meet with employers, complete employer profile and task analysis paperwork at company site and
submit to Director of Rehab upon completion of the employer site visit.
• Educate employers about disability issues, ADA issues, tax credits and job modifications.
• Communicate job description/job responsibilities effectively to the Director of Rehab and other job developers.
• Investigating transportation options to and from the employer job site for consumers.
• Educate consumers about how working may impact other benefits that they currently receive.
• Connect consumers to Benefit Counseling Services as needed.
• Track # of service hours provided to each consumer; submit activity reports on time (within 5
business days) to request vouchers for additional hours when needed.
• Complete all job development logs on a weekly basis.
• Must become familiar with CARF regulations and assure that services provided and documentation
maintained is CARF compliant.
• Enter consumer information into Foothold Awards system.
• Attend all meetings as required.
(Other duties and assignments as may be assigned at the sole discretion of the employer)
Qualifications: Describe the minimum educational and experience requirements/preferences.
• BA preferred but will accept relevant work experience.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and ongoing access to transportation to travel to
employers in counties throughout Northern New Jersey.
Skills Required: Describe the minimum skills required or preferred
• Intermediate Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
• Excellent communication and written skills
• Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
• Navigate and negotiate through difficult situations
• Ability to communicate with all levels of employees
Scope of Responsibility & Positions Supervised: Where applicable describes level of authority, decision making discretion, consequences of actions, supervisory and fiscal responsibility. Provide metrics where possible. Level of supervision received.
• This position does not supervise others. The Job Developer must work effectively as a partner
with other job developers, job coaches and other rehab staff.
Special Working Conditions: Describe unusual working conditions or environmental factors.
• Job developer is expected to work in the community in addition to the main office. Conditions
at employer locations may vary.