EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must have 60 hours or equivalent of college credit hours.
Must have a valid Oklahoma Driver’s license.
Must have reliable transportation and proof of insurance.
An expectation of core competencies in relation to individuals with co-occurring disorders.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of the principles and practices of social work and/or psychology; and of current social and economic problems.
Knowledge and skills necessary to understand and address specific needs related to mental illness/ substance abuse treatment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible and immediately supervised by the respective Children’s Services Administrator:
This position is responsible and held accountable for the following duties:
· Assist consumers with various day-to-day activities including maintaining youth in school and home environment
· Provide one-on-one student training, support and skills building.
· Provide outreach and engagement services to youth and their families.
· Provide referrals for youth to receive immediate access to screening, assessment and treatment planning services and supports, including individual and family therapy, case management, psychosocial rehabilitation, recovery supports, family supports and Integrated Care / Wraparound or Service Coordination.
· Provide life skills remedial training in the home, school or community setting.
· Provide training and remediation of children and families on behavioral, interpersonal, communication, self-help, safety, substance use and daily living skills.
· Provide support and reinforcement of skills learned throughout the treatment process.
· Development and enhancement of specific problem-solving skills, coping mechanisms and strategies for symptom / behavioral management.
· Assist youth and families in understanding crisis / safety plans and plans of care.
· Assist youth and families in interpreting choice offered by service providers; and assisting with understanding policies, procedures and regulations that impact those with mental illness.
· Adequately assist youth with the appropriate level of services and supports they need to successfully maintain in a classroom setting.
· Provide training to school personnel related to working with students that have Emotional Disturbances (ED), as needed / requested by the school.
· Appropriate case management certification as needed, if applicable.
· Regular and predictable attendance is an essential job requirement.
· Employee must be willing and able to perform all job related travel normally associated with this position (this may include transportation of clients).
· Must meet agency standards of billable services and fiscal responsibility as designated by the Children’s Services Administrator.
· Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or other management as requested.
· Participates in staff meetings.
· Must meet “satisfactory” expectations at any scheduled job performance evaluation.
· Quality of work will be evaluated through training, skill or special purpose. Must be competent and adequate.
Must perform the specific job duties as listed above to meet position expectations.
In addition, must possess skill in working cooperatively and effectively with clients, staff, management and other professional groups; in exercising mature judgment in dealing with people; in presenting ideas clearly and accurately; in reading and comprehending the English language; and in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.