Under general supervision, this position is responsible for providing professional accounting support to the General Accounting department related to the maintenance, processing and analysis of accounting records in a manner consistent with the Company policies and procedures.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Prepare accounting reports that validate the accuracy of accounting information and ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Assist in the analysis and interpretation of accounting records to enhance management decision making.
- Prepare, review, and post journal entries to support the monthly close process
- Review financial reports to ensure the accuracy and clarity of information presented.
- Participate in cross training for development purposes and departmental coverage.
- Prepare selected balance sheet reconciliations and analysis to ensure accounts are compliant with GAAP.
- Perform special projects and additional assignments as directed that support the General Accounting function.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Accounting
- 1-2 Years Accounting experience preferred
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Intermediate computer spreadsheet skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Self-motivated team player
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Deadline driven
- Customer service focused