Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do…
This position is responsible for efficiently executing all tasks associated with the successful completion of heavy civil projects totaling up to $3MM in our beautiful Whatcom County location.
- Assist with job controls to ensure compliance with contract, budget, schedule, forecasting and job costing.
- Interpret design/drawings and customer scope of work for craft workers installing material to ensure specifications are followed.
- Research and recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference, and errors, to verify that all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawing and specifications.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, to supervisor to provide accuracy.
- Provide technical support and direction regarding project material controls including delivery dates, construction schedules and design requirements to ensure additional costs are minimized.
- Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, and estimates to meet changing job requirements.
- Provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials to ensure a quality job.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred, or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
0 – 2 years construction estimating support, engineering, field support, or similar experience.
Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project etc.).
Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawing and specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
Ability to perform trigonometric calculation either manually or with a calculator.
Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others both verbally and in writing.
Ability to abide by all of Granite’s Core Values and Safety Standards