Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do…
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America’s largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
This position is responsible for project planning management and execution of cured in-place pipe (CIPP) rehabilitation projects through development of project scope, scheduling and financial management.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Provides direct support for the CIPP installation field crews, acting as liaison between the customer and the installation teams.
- Serves as the primary contact with the client, ensuring project is completed to quote specifications.
- Reviews contract documents, agreements, quotes and subcontract agreements for any potential unacceptable or questionable clauses to protect Inliner from liability.
- Formulates project estimates to balance customer needs with business goals and objectives.
- Prepares bid submissions and proposals, balancing customer need with business goals and objectives.
- Coordinates all permit requirements with the client, subcontractor and regulatory agencies to ensure project is in compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Reviews and accurately tracks and manages project financials, including setting up project budgets, project payroll, reviewing costs including labor, material and equipment to ensure project remains profitable.
- Monitors budget throughout the duration of the project to identify any potential issues effecting revenue and profit, effectively communicating status to upper management.
- Approves payment on invoices related to the project to ensure payables are processed in a timely manner.
- Organizes and coordinates all required ancillary works, and confirms that subcontractors are conforming to project specifications to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Documents changes in site conditions and/or additional work performed by internal and external crews beyond original scope of project so that billing adjustments can be made as needed.
- Follows and enforces Company policies to ensure Company assets are protected and employees are working safely.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you’ll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management preferred, or 5 years experience in related Construction Management position.
- None required with engineering or construction management degree. Non-degreed individuals would need 5 years experience in Construction Management or equivalent.
- Experience with underground sewer construction and/or trenchless rehabilitation helpful.
- Must possess a valid driving license.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to schedule and manage multiple internal crews and subcontractors performing multiple, consecutive activities.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude conducive to working with field and administrative personnel, and public.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willing and able to travel, with approximately 50-60% of time spent in the field
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by Company’s Code of Conduct
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation’s largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.