This internship is for Winter 2020. This position is responsible for assisting with the preparation, review and reporting of the company’s internal and external financial and operating results and performing analyses to help company management in their decision making processes. The position has the flexibility for part-time or full-time based upon availability.
Essential Job Accountabilities
1. Prepare and compile various financial reports to assist in the monthly financial review process some of which are used in the company’s quarterly earnings releases and calls.
2. Review and provide feedback on existing report preparation instructions to ensure completeness and accuracy.
3. Assist with preparation of management reporting packages and other operational reports as needed.
4. Assist in performing ad-hoc project analyses to assist management in the operations of the company.
5. Review select financial data used in the company’s public filings and press releases to ensure accuracy.
6. Participate in monthly and / or quarterly planning meetings and provide feedback to ensure clear, concise and timely communication.
7. Support and participate in training sessions to learn technical accounting and financial subjects relevant to the company.
Education / Work Experience
• High School Diploma
• Current Accounting, Finance, Economics college student preferred
• 0-2 years’ work experience
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Team player
• Attention to detail
• Working knowledge of Word and Excel
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to work overtime as needed
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
• Ability and willingness to abide by Granite’s Code of Conduct on a daily basis
• Valid driver’s license and ability to drive
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.