Tax Associate – June 2022
As the 64th largest accounting firm in the nation, Grassi is a leading provider of advisory, tax and accounting services to businesses and individuals. Grassi advisors specialize in providing industry-specific business consulting, audit, tax, and technology services to key market sectors, including construction, architecture and engineering, not-for-profit, healthcare, manufacturing and distribution, financial services, real estate, cannabis and more. With offices in New York, Jericho, Ronkonkoma and White Plains, NY; Park Ridge, NJ; Palm Beach, FL; and Needham, MA, the firm has the depth of knowledge and experience to work effectively alongside clients across the Northeast and throughout the United States, as well as internationally through its membership in Moore Global.
Tax Associates are entry-level employees who are interested in pursuing a career in professional services, in the fields of tax and accounting. Staff will assume responsibility for level appropriate areas of taxes, reviews and compilations. In addition, staff will assist in the preparation of corporate, individual, foreign and partnerships tax returns. During this time, the staff will focus on developing skills, building their technical knowledge, understanding and executing diligent client service, gaining exposure to various industries, and getting oriented to the Firm’s practices, policies, and culture. Staff will demonstrate the ability to research and consult on various matters, respond to IRS and other tax authority inquiries and utilize tax related software. Work is performed under close supervision of senior level staff to understand and prepare complex tax matters. Responsibilities increase with demonstrated skill.
All Associates start as a team from their first day, and bond as a unified group. During the first few weeks, the Associate class will go through a comprehensive training and professional education program. This program is designed to ensure that the Associate has all the tools necessary to perform their day-to-day duties, as well as the ability to escalate quickly in their career. Everyone will receive a “buddy” whose main purpose is to answer any questions and guarantee the Associate adapts to their new responsibilities and environment as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
Candidates must possess the following:
· Anticipated (December 2021 through May 2022) Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 150 credits or Master’s degree in Accounting with a minimum grade point average of 3.0.
· Strong interpersonal, organizational, initiative and leadership skills.
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
· Candidates must be actively working towards passing the CPA exam.
· We do not sponsor or transfer work visas.
· Grasps concepts quickly and demonstrates knowledge of basic technical skills.
· Makes well thought out decisions, asks appropriate questions, and requests supervision when in need of assistance.
· Follow all accounting/tax regulations and professional ethics.
· Keep current on all professional pronouncements.
· Develops proficiency in use of all technology
Personnel and Firm Development
· Seeks opportunities to participate in training, recruiting and retention, with a focus on firm wide and team goals.
· Promotes team environment by building and maintaining rapport with fellow employees.
· Positively represents and promotes the Firm.
· Participates in continuous improvement initiatives that enhance processes and systems.
Client Service and Risk Management
· Initiates and maintains positive client relationships.
· Demonstrates an understanding of the clients’ industries. Shows sensitivity to client culture and perspective.
· Produces deliverables that are clear, concise, thorough, and of professional quality and are completed in a timely manner.
· Ensures job execution, documentation, consultation and completion in accordance with required policies and procedures.
· Begins to search for and communicates ways to improve client satisfaction
· Proactively demonstrates a willingness to learn and attain greater knowledge on a continual basis; looks to build technical skill base and seek additional work.
· Conducts oneself professionally and demonstrates respect to others at all times.
· Maintains poise under pressure, especially during stressful times and during peak periods of client engagement activity.
· Cooperative and responsive to training, supervision and constructive criticism and proactively meets with Peer Partner
· Actively pursuing CPA licensure.
Financial Growth and Practice Development
· Meets or exceeds chargeable hour targets.
· Punctually enters time and expenses to support efficient billing processes.
· Maintains appropriate compliance with all Firm policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates willingness to understand how to work within budgetary parameters.
· Begins to build knowledge base of the different service offerings.