KOTA and KEVN are the ABC and FOX affiliates in Rapid City at the base of the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota. KOTA and KEVN and the market leaders for local news, sports and weather and recently moved in to a new, state of the art facility. KOTA and KEVN feature separate brands. Both stations cover the Black Hills area of South Dakota as well as parts of eastern Wyoming. Our teams produce six daily newscasts and six weekend newscasts.
KOTA & KEVN are located in Rapid City, SD television DMA Market 169, a community of approximately 100,000 television HH.
Learn More About KOTA/KEVN Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE2Wz03telQ&feature=youtu.be
Job responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Shoot, write and edit local stories
- Use editorial judgement to determine content of local newscasts
- Use social media to engage with community and help generate contacts and story ideas
- Post daily to all digital platforms and social media including attaching images and streaming video
- Interview subjects and research facts for credibility
- Produce and anchor newscasts as assigned
- Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
- Collaborate with news managers, producers and reporters for content and newscast development.
- Edit video and stories for broadcast
- Participate in community events and make public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
- Must have a good driving record
- Must be able to handle on-air responsibilities
- Must be a strong writer with solid news judgement
- College degree
- Ability to write for broadcast news
- Ability to shoot and edit video
- Understanding of principal journalistic ethics
- Ability to carry and utilize camera equipment in the field
- Valid driver’s license
◘ Interested applicants can apply online at www.gray.tv
by searching the station call letters and attach your resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Bachelors or better.
Bachelors or better in Broadcast News or related field.