KOTA and KEVN are looking for a dynamic sports reporter and anchor who is the consummate team player and knows how to tell good sports stories that non-sports fans will love. Top candidates will want to go way beyond highlights and traditional sports and find unique sports stories in the great outdoors of the Black Hills of South Dakota.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
– Anchor weekend sportscasts
– Generate local sports stories and features for daily newscasts
– Use social media to engage with community and help generate contacts and story ideas
– Post daily to all digital platforms and social media including attaching images and streaming video
– Interview subjects and research facts for credibility
– Produce and anchor newscasts as assigned
– Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
– Collaborate with news managers, producers and reporters for content and newscast development
– Edit video and stories for broadcast
– Participate in community events and make public appearances on behalf of the station as assigned
– Must have a good driving record
– Must be able to handle on-air responsibilities
– Must be a strong writer with solid news judgement
– College degree
– Ability to write for broadcast news
– Ability to shoot and edit video
– Understanding of principal journalistic ethics
– Ability to carry and utilize camera equipment in the field
– Valid driver’s license
◘ Come join our dynamic team, apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach your resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.