GREATER PHILADELPHIA YMCA CAREER OPPORTUNITY
POSITION: Sports Coach
What you’ll do:
Under general direction provide support and encouragement to assist students in learning the specific progressive or competitive program. Ensure safety and cleanliness of the program area and adherence to all YMCA safety standards and rules.
- Conduct YMCA program instruction in accordance with YMCA program standards.
- Ensure adherence to YMCA progressive or competitive standards and quality.
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before scheduled practice and meets and be prepared with the equipment set up and ready to begin at the scheduled start time.
- Be reliable and inform supervisor of any conflicts at least 24 hours before the work day of any issues or items required. Ensure that all participants have exited the facility and that the facility is left clean and orderly.
- Provide a safe environment that allows members and participants to learn YMCA programs.
- Encourage and support students to provide an enjoyable YMCA experience.
- Evaluate program skills; complete progress reports for each session; complete communications for parents. Incorporate character development objectives into the program to reinforce the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Participate as a part of the YMCA staff team in providing a safe and enjoyable environment. Respect others by arriving on time and in accordance with schedule. Wear proper attire and name tag in accordance with YMCA standards. Attend staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Provide excellent service to members and participants. Communicate all YMCA rules and ensure that you are accessible and identifiable.
- Take attendance
What you need to succeed:
Preferred Qualifications vary: *Position level and compensation varies based on experience and education.
· High school diploma or equivalent, 18 years of age
· Excellent knowledge of the program and 3-5 years of experience in instructing in the program area.
· Ability to perform activities which require sustained concentration and attention.
Benefits of working at the Y:
Flexible work schedule, a free membership, discounted programming, participation in the Y Retirement Fund, health and wellness benefits, and opportunities for continuing education, professional training and development.*Insurance and time off benefits vary between Full Time and Part time positions.
About the Greater Philadelphia YMCA:
Every team member at the Greater Philadelphia YMCA is guided by our principle of Connecting People to Healthier Lives. That connection with members and to each other is seen and felt across every department. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to make a profound difference in a cause-driven organization, where social responsibility permeates the culture. As one of the largest YMCAs in the country, serving over 240,000 members and participants in 6 counties with 4,700 employees, we have the size and scope to make real and positive change in the communities we serve. This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
You can find us in the Greater Philadelphia Area with over 80 locations!
Visit https://philaymca.org/about-us/careers/ for your next career!