What You Will Do As A Mentor for Before After School Child Care:
· Make a positive, lasting difference in the lives of children and their families.
· Supervise each child in your care by being able to identify, SEE, HEAR, DIRECT and ASSIST to ensure their safety at all times.
· Adhere to small group/ratio established by DHS. Accurately maintain attendance of children in your care.
· Plan and implement dynamic curricula that ensure child-centered, age-appropriate lessons are offered.
· Actively engage in all child care activities with passion, patience and finesse.
· Uphold all YMCA/DHS/Keystone stars guidelines for overall commitment to quality in child care.
· Maintain daily of attendance records, mobile emergency contact binders, trip binders, allergy reports and other mission-critical documentation.
· Be a vanguard for children’s development, providing effective, timely communication of each child’s progress to families.
· Provide families with communication through verbal and written feedback daily/weekly.
· Cultivate a sensitive, patient child care environment for both children and families.
· Provide care to meet the individual needs of children / families.
· Be an avid defender of confidentiality.
· Model / set the tone for correct verbal interactions with families.
Successful Child Care Mentors Will Have the Following Experience:
Preferred Qualifications: *Position level and compensation varies based on experience and education level.
· Verify 2 year’s child care experience
· In pursuit of or achieved degree from accredited College/ University in education or human services related field
· Experience with childcare program sizes of 50 to 100 children.
Benefits of working in child care at the Y:
· Flexible work schedule
· Free membership
· Discounted Y programs
· Participation in the Y Retirement Fund
· Health and wellness benefits
· Opportunities for continuing education
· Professional training and development
· *Insurance and time off benefits vary between Full Time and Part time positions.
About the Greater Philadelphia YMCA:
Every team member at the Greater Philadelphia YMCA is guided by our principle of Connecting People to Healthier Lives. That connection with members and to each other is seen and felt across every department. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to make a profound difference in a cause-driven organization, where social responsibility permeates the culture. As one of the largest YMCAs in the country, serving over 240,000 members and participants in 6 counties with 4,700 employees, we have the size and scope to make real and positive change in the communities we serve. This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
You can find us in the Greater Philadelphia Area with over 80 locations!