GREATER PHILADELPHIA YMCA CAREER OPPORTUNITY
POSITION: Mentor Before/After School Child Care STATUS: Part Time/ Full Time – Non-Exempt
About the Greater Philadelphia YMCA:
Every team member at the Greater Philadelphia YMCA is guided by our principle of Connecting People to Healthier Lives. That connection with members and to each other is seen and felt across every department. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to make a profound difference in a cause-driven organization, where social responsibility permeates the culture. As one of the largest YMCAs in the country, we have the size and scope to make real and positive change in the communities we serve. This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
What You Will Do as A Mentor for Before After School Child Care:
· Child Care Mentors will report to the Site Leader and Child Care Team Leader
· Make a positive, lasting difference in the lives of children and their families.
· Supervise each child in your care by being able to identify, SEE, HEAR, DIRECT and ASSIST to ensure their safety at all times.
· Adhere to small group/ratio established by DHS. Accurately maintain attendance of children in your care.
· Plan and implement dynamic curricula that ensure child-centered, age-appropriate lessons are offered.
· Actively engage in all child care activities with passion, patience and finesse.
· Uphold all YMCA/DHS/Keystone stars guidelines for overall commitment to quality in child care.
· Maintain daily of attendance records, mobile emergency contact binders, trip binders, allergy reports and other mission-critical documentation.
· Be a vanguard for children’s development, providing effective, timely communication of each child’s progress to families.
· Provide families with communication through verbal and written feedback daily/weekly.
· Cultivate a sensitive, patient child care environment for both children and families.
· Provide care to meet the individual needs of children / families.
· Be an avid defender of confidentiality.
· Model / set the tone for correct verbal interactions with families.
· Verify 2 year’s child care experience
· High School degree or equivalent (required)
· In pursuit of or achieved degree from accredited College/ University in education or human services related field (preferred)
· Experience with childcare program sizes of 50 to 100 children.
Benefits of working in child care at the Y:
· Flexible work schedule
· Free YMCA membership
· Discounted Y programs
· Participation in the Y Retirement Fund
· Paid Time off accrual for Part-time and Full-time Team Members
· Health and wellness benefits
· Opportunities for continuing education
· Professional training and development
· *Insurance and time off benefits vary between Full Time and Part time positions.
Salary Range Disclaimer:
· The base salary range represents the low and high end of the YMCA salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, education level and performance.
· You can find us in the Greater Philadelphia Area with over 80 locations!
· Visit https://philaymca.org/about-us/careers/ for your next career!