Under the direction of the Senior Program Director, the Site Supervisor is responsible for supervising a group of children at the site specific location. The Site Supervisor establishes relationships with children and their parents while providing a safe, pleasant and caring atmosphere during the school year. This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Provides direct supervision of a group of children in an afterschool site. Creates positive, nurturing relationships with children, while building cooperative relationships with parents/caregivers. Promotes and supports the potential of all youth in programs and facilitates peer-to-peer connections as part of the overall camp experience.
Hours: 2:00pm-6:30pm- Monday- Friday (Depending on School, school dismissal until 6:30pm) Must be able to work 5 days a week, if flexible schedule is needed, please have it prepared during interview.
- Plans, prepares and implements daily activities for groups of 15-50 children
- Creates innovative games and activities to keep children engaged
- Works to teach a variety of activities, aiding in the supervision of all activities, including field trips, leading games and any other small or large group activities
- Establishes relationships with children and their parents
- Engages each camper by name and communicate with them to ensure quality, fun, and a safe experience
- Coaches and guides site assistants/counselors and children during all activities throughout the day
- Effectively communicates groups needs with leadership
- Effectively communicates daily happenings and incidents to parents of students
- Maintains group belongings including state binder, student information sheets, necessary medications when off site, and first aid kit
- Handles all behavior, medical, and other incidents within their group, requesting assistance from leadership when necessary
- Embraces our 4 YMCA Core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, & Responsibility and encourages peers and campers to do so
- Attends trainings, seminars and meetings as required
- Adheres and incorporates the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and educates members about the YMCA mission and goals
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have at least 2 years experience working with children ages 5-13 years old
- Has some experience overseeing staff
- Knowledge of current education practices
- Must be able to effectively work with minimal on-site supervision
Benefits of working part-time at GSCY include:
- FREE Individual Membership Access to any YMCA in the Nation.
- 10% Discount on most programming at Greater Somerset County YMCA.
- Access to one of the leading retirement programs “Y Retirement Fund” from the first day of employment.
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring, growth, and promotion throughout the YMCA Movement.
- Supportive and inclusive community for people of all backgrounds and access to Employee Resource Networks.
Greater Somerset County YMCA is a drug free work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information who share our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.