Greater Somerset County YMCA (GSCY) is a local nonprofit committed to strengthening community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other. At GSCY, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in and across communities. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives and generations, we ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships and resources necessary to learn, grow and thrive. To learn more about GSCY, visit our website: http://gscymca.org
Plainfield YMCA is currently seeking Site Supervisors for our after school programs in Plainfield, NJ. We are looking for cause-driven leaders that share our commitment to nurture and support our children, promote youth development, and foster a sense of social responsibility.
- Assists with implementation of a varied and challenging program of activities for children which includes Homework Time, Enrichment Activities, Organized Physical Activities, Free Play, and Snack Time.
- Supervises all children on the site.
- Build relationships with children and families – Greet them in a positive manner every day. Assists parents/guardians with questions or concerns
- Maintains discipline with children during all activities under the guidance of the GSCYMCA Child Abuse Prevention Policy and Code of Conduct.
- Motivates and encourages all children to participate in program activities.
- Provides a safe environment for children and follow all required safety procedures in case of emergency.
- Develops an attractive, organized, clean, and stimulating space:
- Cleaning and disinfect of all equipment as per state requirements (daily or weekly).
- Maintain site/room, equipment and materials in an orderly and safe manner.
- Set up the site/room in advance of children’s arrival and cleans up after children’s departure.
- Keeps Senior Program Director apprised of situations requiring their attention
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in childcare, education, or related field
- OR have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children ages 5-12 years
- Must have experience working with children in a structured group setting
- Must have ability to learn and think quickly to solve child-to-child situations
- Good communication skills and ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred