Somerset Hills YMCA is currently seeking Counselors for our Before and After school programs in Basking Ridge, Bernardsville, and Bedminster Township. We are looking for cause-driven leaders that share our commitment to nurture and support our children, promote youth development, and foster a sense of social responsibility.
- Assists with implementation of a varied and challenging program of activities for children which includes Homework Time, Enrichment Activities, Organized Physical Activities, Free Play, and Snack Time.
- Assists Site Supervisor with supervision of all children on the site
- Build relationships with children and families – Greet them in a positive manner every day.
- Maintains discipline with children during all activities under the guidance of the GSC YMCA Child Abuse Prevention Policy and Code of Conduct.
- Assists the Site Supervisor with motivating and encouraging all children to participate in program activities.
- Provides a safe environment for children and follow all required safety procedures in case of emergency.
- Assists the Site Supervisor in developing an attractive, organized, clean, and stimulating space:
- Cleaning and disinfect of all equipment as per state requirements (daily or weekly).
- Maintain site/room, equipment and materials in an orderly and safe manner.
- Set up the site/room in advance of children’s arrival and cleans up after children’s departure.
- Keeps Site Supervisor apprised of situations requiring their attention as it relates to children’s behavior.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must have High School Diploma or be a Senior in High School
- Must have experience working with children in a structured group setting
- Must have ability to learn and think quickly to solve child-to-child situations
- Good communication skills and ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments.
Benefits of working part-time at GSCY include:
- FREE Individual Membership Access to any YMCA in the Nation.
- 10% Discount on most programming at Greater Somerset County YMCA.
- Access to one of the leading retirement programs “Y Retirement Fund” from the first day of employment.
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring, growth, and promotion throughout the YMCA Movement.
- Supportive and inclusive community for people of all backgrounds and access to Employee Resource Networks.
Greater Somerset County YMCA is a drug free work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information who share our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.