Greater Somerset County YMCA (GSCY) is a local nonprofit committed to strengthening community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose and each other. At GSCY, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in and across communities. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives and generations, we ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships and resources necessary to learn, grow and thrive. To learn more about GSCY, visit our website: http://gscymca.org
The Hillsborough YMCA is currently seeking fun, energetic and responsible Sports Instructors for our Youth Sports programs beginning Fall 2021. Sports within the program will include: Basketball, soccer, tennis, and volleyball with the ability to add additional sports as needed.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children- (Pre-K through middle school age) in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Provide supervision of the participants in line with YMCA program standards and guidelines (i.e. ratio, attendance).
- Teach rules, fundamentals and enhance basic skills. Emphasize teamwork and sportsmanship.
- Create an atmosphere in which all participants can have fun, are safe and learn the importance of good principled athletics.
- Communicate with parents/guardians regarding the progress of their child/teen and registration for the next session.
- Communicate to parents/guardians about additional YMCA opportunities that can benefit them or their child/teen.
- Ensure that all equipment is age-appropriate, safe and in proper working condition. This includes conducting monthly equipment safety checks.
- Work with the Supervisor to develop and lead program promotion and recruitment efforts.
- Have a thorough knowledge of branch emergency procedures and take appropriate actions for emergency situations.
- Ensure the cleanliness of program space during all activities.
- Inform Supervisor on-duty regarding any incident reports that need to be filled out.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Must have at least 1 year experience coaching or 2 years playing on a sports team
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be dependable and have experience working with kids
Saturday mornings: 9am-12pm