Location: Washington Office – Virtual
The Great American Outdoors Act (GAOA), National Parks and Public Land Legacy Fund (LRF), provides funding for projects that reduce a critical deferred maintenance backlog, expand access, enhance forest conditions, and improve the quality of the visitor experience. This position on the Great American Outdoors Act (GAOA) Strike Team will help implement this major program across the agency. Candidate should have a passion for the outdoors and public service. They should work well in a dynamic team environment where priorities frequently change. The candidate should be well organized, motivated, and able to work remotely with minimal oversight. They should be proficient with Microsoft Office programs, especially word, excel, and PowerPoint. This position will help provide presentation materials to internal and external stakeholders, will need to analyze and query large data sets, develop processes/procedures, and should be comfortable expressing their findings in both written and verbal forms.
- Assist leadership and program managers with implementing the Great American Outdoors Act (GAOA) across the agency.
- Query and analyze large data sets.
- Analyzes program data, provides summary analysis and recommendations.
- Develops excel spreadsheets for monitoring and tracking projects.
- Develops business and program processes and procedures.
- Analyze online discussion and summarize key points in a concise report.
- Create graphics and design content for presentations, briefing papers, promotional materials, and the website
- Creates electronic presentations such as PowerPoint, posters, and other visual aids.
- Assist with writing reports, talking points, and briefing papers.
- Assist with formulating and providing program guidance.
- Assist with developing and maintaining website information.
- College/graduate student working towards a degree in Engineering, Communications, Business or a related field or recent graduate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, especially word, excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prepare presentations and visual aids for presentations with current software such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and other programs.
- $500/week stipend for full-time work
- $1,000/month Housing Stipend
- Allowance available for Forest Service work travel, orientation, trainings, professional development opportunities that align with role and goals
- Direct Hire Authority Eligibility – after completing minimum of 960 hours, DHA status provides special non-competitive hiring status when applying for Forest Service positions.
- Option for health insurance coverage during full-term
*This is a 1099 position. Persons paid on a 1099 basis are independent contractors and are self-employed. Independent contractors are required to pay all self-employment taxes (Social Security & Medicare) as well as income tax. Independent contractors generally do not receive any type of employment benefits from the client. For more information, please refer to www.irs.gov or talk with a tax professional.
Questions? Email Jaina Reed at email@example.com