Location: San Juan, PR with International Institute of Tropical Forestry
Position is in the International Institute of Tropical Forestry, in San Juan, PR, to support ongoing Urban and Community Forestry (UCF) Program projects in Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. This position will assist UCF Program Manager with ongoing projects and during meetings and field visits.
- Assist Urban and Community Forestry Program Manager with meeting planning, logistics.
- Assist in the development, writing, and data analysis of an iTree Canopy publication.
- Assist in obtaining Urban forestry point of contact information from municipal governments and NGOs.
- Assist with social media content development
- Participate in occasional field visits to UCF Project sites.
- Education preferences: bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, forestry, geography, biology or related fields.
- Requirement: fluent in English and Spanish, spoken and written.
- Skills: computer literate, basic statistics, good with teamwork, flexibility under quickly changing working conditions (i.e., pandemic), can work independently, can search and learn independently.
- Software: iTree Suite, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, MS Outlook, MS Teams, Zoom, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google sheets, Google Slides
- Pay rate: $650 a week
- Health insurance
- Forest Service Certificate of eligibility for merit announcements after completing the internship
- Paid federal holidays
- Travel and training allowance
*This is a 1099 position. Persons paid on a 1099 basis are independent contractors and are self-employed. Independent contractors are required to pay all self-employment taxes (Social Security & Medicare) as well as income tax. Independent contractors generally do not receive any type of employment benefits from the client. For more information please refer to www.irs.gov or talk with a tax professional.
Questions? Email Jaina Reed at email@example.com